Effective Date of Policy: Nov 1st, 2021
For additional details about the personal information We collect and the rights afforded to California residents, please see Your California Privacy Rights.
From time to time, We may clarify, revise, or update this Policy. This may include making changes to the way We collect, maintain, and store information. If We make any changes to this Policy, We will revise the date at the top of the Policy. Changes to this Policy will become effective once they are posted.
1. What Information JEMMA Collects
We collect different types of information for Our business purposes from the following sources:
Information you provide us. We collect information that you provide to Us through the Services and other communications. We may also collect information from entities you have requested or authorized to provide information to Us in connection with Our Services. For example:
When you create an account with Us, you provide your first and last name, email address, and password.
When you make a purchase, We may request information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods you requested. We may ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), billing address, and shipping address. We do not store any payment card information.
- When you contact Us, We do everything possible to make sure you have an exceptional shopping experience. If you contact Us in person, by phone (calling or texting), email, instant message (including Facebook Messenger), live chat or through social media, or by some other means, We may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. When We send you emails, We may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve Our Services. We receive responses to any survey that you choose to complete for Us.
Information We collect from third parties. Third parties may share your information with Us in order for Us to provide Services or complete your purchase. For example:
Some parts of Our Services can be linked to other accounts you have with Third Party Services, such as your social media or Google account (“Third Party Accounts”), or you may be able to register for an account on Our Services with your Third Party Account. If you connect a Third Party Account to Our Services or interact with Us through a Third Party Account, We may receive information about you, including your Third Party Account profile information and your photo, and your use of the Third Party Account (for example, if you select a JEMMA product to purchase through the account). If you mention Us through your Third Party Account, We may collect publicly available information and content related to your comment.
We may collect information about you from other third parties, including demographic information. We may combine information collected from other third parties with other information We collect about you.
Information We automatically collect. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with Our Services. This information may include device information, browser history, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and search terms. For example:
- Like most websites, Our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow Us and Our service providers to collect information about your actions on Our Services. Our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary morsels) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use information We collect to operate Our business, including:
- For Our everyday business purposes, such as providing Services and products, providing information you request and providing customer support
- To communicate with Affiliates
- To provide, personalize, and improve Our products and Our Services
- To conduct internal research
- To communicate with you, including via telephone, text, chat, or email in order, for example, to respond to your comments or questions and to send you updates about your order
- To deliver content and marketing communications that We think may interest you, including ads or offers tailored to you based upon your browsing and usage history, both within these Services and on other websites and mobile applications
- To understand your use of Our Services to help Us improve the customer experience
- To provide you information, recommendations, and marketing materials about Our products and Services
- To deliver gift cards in accordance with your instructions
- If you apply for a job, to determine your eligibility for a position with us
- To comply with the law, regulations, and other legal obligations
- To properly verify your identity, prevent fraud and enhance security
- To audit and provide reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions you may have with Us or others on Our behalf
- To allow you to utilize features and personalized content within Our Services when you grant Us access to information from your device, including location-based services
- For short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads
- To protect Our rights and the rights of others
- For other purposes, as permitted by law or to which you consent
3. How We Share Your Information
If We share your information, We do so to support Our business, including with:
Affiliates and Service Providers. We’ve figured out ways to do a lot of things on Our own, but We haven’t quite figured out how to do all of it. We may share information with Our corporate entities and affiliates, service providers, data processors, third party contractors, payment processors, others who perform services for Us, such as:
- order fulfillment
- delivery services
- payment processing
- account registration
- website-related services, such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- marketing services
- data analytics
Other Entities. We may share information as part of a merger, acquisition, or other sale or transfer of all or part of Our assets or business or with other entities as you have authorized or requested.
4. Your Choices
Through your account settings, you can access, view, edit, and delete any of the following personal information:
- mailing address
- billing address
- email address
- phone number
The information you can view, edit, and delete may change as Our Services change.
If you decide you don’t want to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out of marketing emails in your account settings, click the “Unsubscribe” link in Our emails, or email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out or unsubscribing will not prevent you from receiving emails about orders or other transactions you make through Our Services or emails in response to a specific request from you, such as password recovery. If you decide you don’t want to receive text messages from us, you can opt out in your account settings.
If you wish to limit the information available to Us through your Third Party Accounts, such as Google or social media, you should visit the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts to learn about your options.
If you want Us not to collect cookies, you may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website.
If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of Our Services, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser. You also may opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings located at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
If you choose to limit collection of your information in these ways, certain Service features may not function properly, or at all, and certain Services may not be available to you.
We take the protection of your information very seriously. We take many security measures (physical, electronic, and procedural) to help keep your information safe. Unfortunately, We cannot guarantee complete security of any information.
6. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how We collect, use, disclose, and sell personal information about you and explain your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Categories of Personal Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose for Business Purposes. We may collect the following categories of personal information, as described in greater detail in What Information JEMMA Collects:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or IP address
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access Our Services
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photos
- Professional or employment-related information, if you apply to work for us
- Education information, if you apply to work for us
- Other information you provide, such as demographic information, responses to surveys or messages to customer service
- Inferences drawn from any of the above, including about the content or ads that may be of interest to you
Categories of Sources Used to Collect Personal Information. As a result of your use of the Services, We collect this information from you (such as when you register for an account or purchase products), from third parties, or automatically (such as from your devices).
Your Rights. Under the CCPA, California residents have certain rights related to their personal information.
The Right to Know. You may request that We disclose to you the categories of personal information We have collected, used, disclosed, or “sold” within the meaning of the CCPA, including:
- Specific pieces of information that We have collected about you
- Categories of personal information We have collected about you
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- Categories of personal information about you that We have sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information (collectively, the “Right to Know”)
The Right to Delete. You have the right to request that We delete personal information about you that We have collected from you (the “Right to Delete”).
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise your Right to Know or Right to Delete, email us at email@example.com.
Right to Opt Out. You have the right to direct Us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “Right to Opt Out”). To exercise your right to opt out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Verification. In order to exercise these rights, you will need to verify your identity to protect your security and personal information, which may include providing certain information. Note that even if We honor your request to delete your information, We may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
Authorized Agent. You may elect to have an agent exercise your rights for you. Even if you choose to use an agent, We may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that the consumer gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request;
- The consumer to verify their identity directly with the business;
- The consumer to directly confirm with Us that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of your privacy rights, or any other rights under the CCPA, including by:
- Denying you goods or services
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to JEMMA by your personal information.
Shine the Light. If you’re a resident of California, you can request a notice identifying the categories of personal information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. Please submit a written request to email@example.com
7. Contact Us